Saturday, November 7, 2009

Final project: Part 1

I am planning on modelling the final project I would hope to recieve from part two of this final project being the mini unit. I hope to make a big book in an anthology format with each page including a written description of a student in a partial formula. The following are two examples:

Brandon is something else with his contagious laughter, strong hugs, and bright smile. He's something else!

Something else is Denise. She dresses like a princess and reads well with her glasses. That's what I call something else!

Furthermore, I plan to accompany each page with a drawing. This part is a little undecided. These are my options, please give my your opinion or comment or suggestion:

a) draw a picture of the student
b) draw a picture of the student with their descriptors
c) draw multiple, comic-like, pictures of the student in various activities or positions
d) drawn the student alienified with some of their descriptors (the big book I plan to model in part 2 is about a alien/monster who looks alot different than the others hence his name)

I am leaning towards b or d but think d could get a little complicated for k-1 grades. Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I like ideas b and d too, c is pretty cool too but that would have to be for an older grade I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your drawings that you are doing for this project. It will look really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote draw a picture of the student using descriptors then as an extension activity you could use the alien one. That way the more advanced have something to move onto and the ones that need more time can still be successful :)

    ReplyDelete